The Model Car Concours of petite-sized Corvair replicas offers something for everyone. You can display a toy or model that came pre-assembled or was assembled from a kit, made by a commercial manufacturer or scratch-built by a craftsman, displayed in solo or with a group of vehicles, possibly situated in an imaginary scene, being a Corvair car, station wagon or FC, for the enjoyment and appreciation of adults and children of all ages. During the upcoming 2018 CORSA International Convention the Model Car Concours will be on display Wed 7/25 through Fri 7/27. The Model Car Concours guidelines have been recently revised and can be downloaded from the CORSA documents webpage.
Models will be judged within the following classes:
- Factory-Built – for factory-assembled toys and models. Subclasses are Stock Promo, Stock Non-promo, and Modified. A Promo is a preassembled model made for specifically for dealerships to use for promotional purposes.
- Hobbyist – for models assembled from a kit sold by a major model manufacturer. Subclasses are Stock and Modified.
- Craftsman – for models built from scratch or created by combining scratch-built parts and/or parts from multiple commercially manufactured kits. Subclasses are Stock and Modified.
- Diorama - for groups of models or models arranged in scene.
- Valve Cover Racer - for models designed for valve cover racing.
Not a member of CORSA? Please consider joining, and click this link to find more about CORSA membership.
The 2018 CORSA convention in Pittsburgh, July 23 – 28, is hosted by the Western Pennsylvania Corvair Club. Visit the WPCC Convention web page for hotel reservations, event scheduling and other convention information. Anyone can attend the Convention and register at the host hotel. Registration is now open to CORSA Members for tours, events, vender space, the banquet, etc, from the Corsa Convention web page.